Another "Outstanding" assessment for Manor Community
We are pleased to share the great news that St. Mary’s Residential Care Home has been rated overall Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission. This marks the third of our registered services to receive an Outstanding rating. Our staff have been brilliant, as represented by some of the comments in the report:
· "My relative always sounds very cheery when I phone."
· "You give security and attention and help with everyday life… my relative feels safe".
· "I feel so relieved my relative has you all beside him".
· The registered manager and staff demonstrated a determined, positive commitment to people and would always go that extra mile in order to ensure they felt valued.
· Empowering people and maintaining independence was paramount to the service and their approaches to promote this were innovative.
· There was an emphasis on teamwork amongst all staff at all levels.
· Staff were 'positive and proud' about what they had achieved as a team.
· Staff were motivated and inspired to offer care that was kind and compassionate.
As you may know, Manor Community was started by specialist nurse Muriel Chester who died from cancer in 2010. We feel this is a testament to the excellent care she gave and which we continue to develop.
The report should be published here