£20K FUNDING FOR ACTIVITIES FROM COMIC RELIEF
We wanted to let you know about an exciting new funding opportunity at Comic Relief, which aims to help improve the quality of relationships between care home staff and residents and provide funding for activities that engage and mobilise people to get to know each other better by spending fun and active time together.
Round 2 of the Care Home Challenge Fund builds on learning from our pilot round.
Full details of the Care Home Challenge Fund: Round Two are available via the link below:
Comic Relief expect to make 20 grants of between £10,000-£20,000 to care home providers from across the UK. The deadline for applications is midday on 4th August 2017 and applications must be made via online system accessible through www.comicrelief.com. Grants will last for between 18-24 months including time for planning, partnership building and delivery. Each grant will reach a maximum of 4-5 care homes, focussing on quality of delivery led by residents and care home staff rather than volume of people.
Based on learning from Round One, Comic Relief prioritise applications which:
- Involve residents and staff taking part in meaningful activities together, and protect staff members’ time to ensure their full participation.
- Partner with a third-party activity provider which has a good understanding of the care home context and residents’ needs.
- Are ‘person-centred’, planning the work in response to residents’ needs and interests, involving residents in co-designing activities, and respecting people’s choice to participate.
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to the proposed activity from the care homes involved, particularly from the managers and activity coordinators.
- Support staff to build skills and confidence so they can facilitate or deliver activities, enabling sustainability beyond the life of the project.
- Show how they are building on the findings from Round One.